Friday 27 April 2012

Picture House Gala Evening - Fanny and Elvis

22nd April 2012

I had the enormous privilege of  representing Hebden Royd Town Council at the opening gala evening to celebrate the picture house brought back into community control in Hebden Bridge on the 1st April 2012.

I was also completely overwhelmed to sit through the entire production of the film with the respected Producer Kay Mellor and husband Tony Mellor. The film itself was Fanny and Elvis. During the film I sat next to Kay and Tony and too be honest the film was totally superb I laughed and cried throughout the whole film. My wife Amy sadly could not attend and it was so good I promptly bought the DVD . It was also a joy to reflect on elements in the film with Kay and her husband Tony.

I came to Hebden Royd around area 17 years ago and remember vividly the filming in the 'old square' in Hebden, when cars were allowed. I remember how nuch of a stir it caused at the time amoungst the locals. The Gala evening was super in that those memerories were revitalised and also it was great to spot local scenes throughout the film.

It was even better to know that they both shared my passion for our area during their filming in Hebden Royd and loved the friendliness and community spirit.Ssitting next to them and talking about the film was a real joy and one I will not forget for a very long time


Pictured together with Kay Mellor

During my speech to the audience I thanked Town council Clerk Jason Boom and the entire office staff, the picture house committee, the newly reformed friends of the picture house and of course the whole staff of the Picture House for all the support in the transition to Hebden Royd. Town council
Speech

Overall it was a super evening enjoyed by a packed theatre of over 500 guests and evryone I spoke to had a great evening.


Scott

Cllr Scott Trickett
Mayor of Hebden Royd Town Council



No comments:

Post a Comment